With Thinfinity Remote Desktop 6.0 we introduced an enhanced method for Direct File Transfer. Features like Drag and Drop make the entire process extremely easy and convenient. We simplified the way users interact with their local and remote files, providing the necessary tools for your user’s day-to-day activities.
To take advantage of all the features, the admin will need to install an executable component called Thinfinity® Remote Desktop WebBridge. WebBridge will enable the ability to Drag and Drop files straight from the browser. This component also will create a temporary Virtual Disk called “ThinDisk” that the users can alternatively use as the main directory to safely and easily transfer files from and to the remote machine.
In order to get this installer, please contact [email protected].
Now let’s jump into the installation process:
- First off, run the installer “Thinfinity_RDTools_v5.0_Setup_x64.exe”.
Bear in mind, that Thinfinity® Remote Desktop WebBridge has to be installed on the Remote Desktop machine you wish to upload/download files to/from. The client computer does not require to install of any plug-in or add-on.
- On the first screen, press ‘Next’.
- Accept the License Agreement and press ‘Next’.
- Select the Destination Folder and press ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Install’ :
- After the installation completes, press ‘Finish’.
Now you should be ready to connect to this server and use the WebBridge drive.
How to Upload Files
There are 2 different ways you can upload a file to your remote desktop session:
- You can drag and drop files directly into the browser where the remote desktop session is running.
After you drag a file into the browser, you will be prompted to save the file:
Here you can select any folder you have permission to on the remote desktop.
- Go to the “Thinfinity® WebBridge” drive and double click “Upload Here”:
This will open your local “File Open” dialog, where you can select a file and upload it to the “Thinfinity® WebBridge” drive.
How to Download Files
To download files, there are also 2 different methods:
- You can drag and drop files into the “Thinfinity® WebBridge” drive. This will save the file in the WebBridge drive and will automatically download from your browser.
- Right-click any file in the remote desktop session, and select “Send to Browser” to automatically download:
If you are working on a file that is stored in the “Thinfinity® WebBridge” drive, and you update it, WebBridge will detect these changes and download the file again, so you don’t lose any of your information.
If you have any questions, please send us an email at [email protected].
As you already know, Thinfinity Remote Desktop is a remote access, desktop delivery, and app publishing solution.
Explore our other remoting and web-enabling solutions, enjoy our free trials, or request a custom demo HERE. No commitment!