Workforce productivity increases when employees can securely access their desktops and applications from their chosen device at the times and places they choose to work.
But when having virtualized applications or remote access tools enabled, we are required to take security measures like multifactor authentication.
How to set up Okta OAuth 2.0
Navigate to your Okta space (or start a free trial to test this feature), go to the Applications tab, and create a new application using the “Create New App” button:
2) Select OpenID Connect as the Authentication Method:
3) Give the application a name, and type in the URL you use to reach Thinfinity. Then press “Save”.
4) You should be redirected to the Application Settings. In here, press the “General” button, and edit the “Login information”.
Configure the “Initiate login URI” field, by adding the Thinfinity’s website address and “/Okta” at the end of the URL.
5) Copy and past both Client ID and Client Secret for future references:
6) Click on the “Assignments” tab and add your users to the Application:
7) Now, open either the Thinfinity Remote Desktop Server Manager or the Thinfinity VirtualUI Manager and navigate to the “Authentication” tab. Click on OAuth 2.0 and choose “Other”.
Thinfinity Remote Desktop Server Manager:
Thinfinity VirtualUI Manager:
8) Enter your Client ID and Client Secret:
9) Click on the “Server” tab and add the following parameters:
- Authorization URL: https://[MyOktaSpace].okta.com/oauth2/v1/authorize
- Parameters: scope=openid+profile&state=okta
- Token Validation Server URL: https://[MyOktaSpace].okta.com/oauth2/v1/token
- Profile Information Server URL: https://[MyOktaSpace].okta.com/oauth2/v1/userinfo
- Login username value in returned Json: preferred_username
You’ll also need to change the name of the Authentication Method to “Okta” ( Or to the URL you configure in the Initiate Login URI:
Press “OK” after you finish configuring the Authentication Method.
10) Click on the “Mappings” tab and then press “Add” under the Authentication ID Mask.
Add the email address of the Okta user you want to validate and press “Ok”.
Then, under the “Associated Permissions” field, press on the “Add” button and search for the Active Directory User
Thinfinity Remote Desktop Server:
After you add the appropriate mappings, click on the “Apply” button.
11) Navigate to the Thinfinity’s landing page, and you should see the “Login With Okta” option listed as an Authentication Method.