In this article, we will show you how to host your Windows instances on Microsoft Azure and provide web access to multiple concurrent users with Azure Active Directory and secure the access with OAuth 2.0.
This quick guide will show how to integrate our Thinfinity Remote Desktop with Azure AD and OAuth2.0:
- Sign in with your Azure account.
- Go to Azure Active Directory.
On the left menu, click on “App Registrations”.
- To add a new registry, click on “New Registration”.
- Write a name for the application in the text box.
Supported account types: accounts in this organizational directory only (comes by default).
On the redirect URL select web and write the URL (must start with https://) followed by the port you choose to use. For example:
- Click on “Register”.
Once it is registered, you will be able to see the Essentials.
- On the left menu, click on “Certificates and Secrets”.
You should see Certificates and Client Secrets.
- On “Client secrets” click on “New client secret” and add any description and an expiration date. When you finish, click on “Add”.
- Copy the ‘Value’ field once the Client Secret is available.
- Then, go back to the first item on the left menu “overview” and copy the Application (client) ID.
- Once copied, go to your Thinfinity Remote Desktop Manager, click on the tab “Authentication”, click on the tab “Methods” and then “Add”.
- Choose the option OAuth2.0 and then Azure.
A new window will pop up.
- Paste the “Application (client) ID” and the ‘Client Secret’ you have previously copied from the portal.
- Then go to the next tab “server” and copy, from the portal, the Directory (tenant) ID and replace [DirectoryID] in Authorization URL and in Token Validation Server URL (remember to erase the “[square brackets]”).
- Click on the “Mappings” tab, then click on “Add”.
- Type in “*” on the ID mask to allow all elements, and click ”OK“.
- Now we need to add the ‘Associated Permissions’. Click on the ‘Add’ button below and add a valid Local / AD user :
Click ‘OK’ and ‘Apply.
- Go to your Thinfinity URL on your browser and finally click on “Log in with Azure” :
Now you should be able to log in with Azure.
If you need any assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.