In this tutorial, we will show you how to install Thinfinity Remote Desktop Server ( both Gateway and Server options into the same machine ) and register it to a License Server.
1. Open up the setup file (previously downloaded from this page), on the first screen just click Next:
2. Click “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and then “Next”:
3. In this screen leave “Gateway + Thinfinity Remote Desktop Services” selected and press ‘Next’.
4. If you wish to choose a different folder press “Change”, otherwise you can go to “Next” directly:
5. Hit “Install”.
6. After it ends, press “Finish”.
In your start menu, you should have a new icon for “Thinfinity Remote Desktop Server Manager”.
Given that it’s the first time you use the software, the first screen you will see is:
Select “Activate a Serial Number Online” and type in the following information:
- Primary Licensing Server URL ( by default it’s https://[IPAddress]:7443 )
Take a look at the example below:
If the registration against the License server is successful, you’ll see:
Just hit “Finish” and you’ll see your license registered on this Broker:
Now that you finished installing and registering your license, you are ready to start publishing Remote Desktops and RemoteApps on demand.
If you are interested in reading more, please take a look at this other article in our blog: