For Thinfinity Remote Desktop Server users, the upgrade from version 3 to version 4 has many advantages.
One of them is the new Access Profiles customization scheme, which you may have tested already.
Today, we invite you to try a new customization level still in BETA mode.
BEFORE: Labels are used to tie together Access Profiles into Access Profiles groups.
AFTER: With the new version, there are two ways of creating them:
- Admin-created Labels
- User-created labels
To download the latest build enabling this feature, click here (EXE installer).
Let’s review the new Labels
In order to create labels on an Administrator-level, follow these steps:
1) Open the Thinfinity Remote Desktop Server Manager.
2) Navigate to the “Access Profiles” tab, and click on “Add”-> “Labels”:
3) Give that Label a name and click “OK”. For this example, we are using “IT – VMs”.
4) The label should now be listed in the Access Profiles list:
5) Let’s create a new Access Profile now, and assign it to the newly created Label. Click on “Add”->”RDP”.
6) Click on the “Select Label” button, and select under which Label the profile will be available.
If both options are checked:
And listed in the “Label(s)” list:
Then this profile will be available both in the Index page, and inside the Label.
If you want to limit access of this profile
Below is the index
Here in “Label 1”
Users can also create labels. To differentiate them, you’ll see a small ‘user’ icon at the bottom-right corner of the profile’s icon: