How to register your Thinfinity VirtualUI v2.5 licenses
We will dedicate this article to clarify VirtualUI licensing for version v2.5 and how to register it. If you need to install VirtualUI, you should check this article instead: Thinfinity® VirtualUI v2.5 Setup
How to register Thinfinity® VirtualUI v2.5 licenses
There are two different stages when you work with Thinfinity® VirtualUI v2.5:
- A. Development stage. It takes place on your programming environment and requires you to install VirtualUI on its developer mode and register your Developer License (called “Thinfinity® VirtualUI Developer PRO Version License”). The development license enables the jsRO Integration capabilities.
- B. Deployment stage. It takes place when you install the VirtualUI Server and the wizard requires you to register the “Thinfinity® VirtualUI Server License (Production license)”.
Virtualizing third-party apps: If you want to publish any software and you have no access to the source code, you should try our Thinfinity® RDS. If you purchased a VirtualUI-enabled third party application and you were instructed to buy “Server” licenses, this is the license you need: Thinfinity® VirtualUI Server License (Production license). Should you have any doubts, please contact us before making the purchase.
Not sure about the license needed for your particular project? Have special licensing needs?
Contact us at [email protected] or leave a message on this same post.
How to register Thinfinity® VirtualUI Developer
It is very important to know where you need to register this license. Please follow the steps to do it properly:
1) To register your Developer License you must first compile your application referencing VirtualUI library (run in the IDE).
2) Click on the Thinfinity® VirtualUI Development Server Manager icon in the system tray and then select ‘Server Manager’.
This will open the Development Server Manager.
3) The first time you start the Developer Server Manager it will prompt you directly to register your license:
Select ‘Activate a Serial Number online’ and follow the instructions:
If you are still experiencing issues regarding this topic, don’t hesitate to send us an email to [email protected].
Thinfinity® VirtualUI Server License
As you well know, Thinfinity® VirtualUI licensing’s model is built around concurrent users, the Server license is intended for production environments and you need as many licenses as concurrent users will access your application simultaneously.
Once you have your Server licenses, you can register them in the Thinfinity® VirtualUI Server Manager under the “Licenses” tab.
You can find the .exe file to the VirtualUI Server Manager in “C:\Program Files\Thinfinity\VirtualU\bin64I”
Click on the “Licenses” tab and then “Manage”.
2) In this window hit ‘add’ and select ‘Activate a Serial Number online’.
3) Enter your license information (either a trial key or the registered serial you received by email after your purchase) and click ‘Next’. You should get a confirmation window and after this, the serial should appear registered as below:
If your server doesn’t have access to the Internet, then you’ll have to perform a manual activation.
If that’s the case, you must contact us at [email protected] for more information on manual activation.
If you have a large scale environment, check this other article: Deploy Thinfinity® VirtualUI on a Large Scale Environment
Note: This guide is valid for Thinfinity® VirtualUI v2.5. If you run any older version you should upgrade to the latest build. Contact our Customer Care team to inquire about your Maintenance Service status. To register older VirtualUI versions you might check the user guide here.