How to register Thinfinity VirtualUI v2.5 licenses
We will dedicate this article to clarify and explain the differences between the available licenses for Thinfinity VirtualUI v2.5 and how to register them.
There are two license types for Thinfinity VirtualUI v2.5:
- A. Developer machine License (called “Thinfinity VirtualUI Developer PRO Version License”)
- B. Production environment license (called “Thinfinity VirtualUI Server License”)
When you just need a simple web-enablement of your currents Windows app “as is”, then the product key (B) is the only license you require.
However, when you want to take full advantage of the jsRO Integration capabilities offered by Thinfinity VirtualUI you must acquire and register the Developer license (A) as well.
To register your license please follow these steps as listed:
How to register Thinfinity VirtualUI Developer Pro
It is very important to know where you need to register this license. Please follow the steps to do it properly:
1) To register your Developer License you must first compile your application referencing VirtualUI library (run in the IDE).
2) Click on the Thinfinity VirtualUI Development Server Manager icon in the system tray and then select ‘Server Manager’.
This will open the Development Server Manager.
3) The first time you start the Developer Server Manager it will prompt you directly to register your license:
Select ‘Activate a Serial Number online’ and follow the instructions:
If you are still experiencing issues regarding this topic, don’t hesitate to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thinfinity VirtualUI Server License
As you well know, Thinfinity VirtualUI licensing’s model is built around concurrent users, the Server license is intended for production environments and you need as many licenses as concurrent users will access your application simultaneously.
Once you have your Server licenses, you can register them in the Thinfinity VirtualUI Server Manager under the “Licenses” tab.
You can find the .exe file to the VirtualUI Server Manager in “C:\Program Files\Thinfinity\VirtualU\bin64I”
Click on the “Licenses” tab and then “Manage”.
2) In this window hit ‘add’ and select ‘Activate a Serial Number online’.
3) Enter your license information (either a trial key or the registered serial you received by email after your purchase) and click ‘Next’. You should get a confirmation window and after this, the serial should appear registered as below:
If your server doesn’t have access to the Internet, then you’ll have to perform a manual activation.
If that’s the case, you must contact us at email@example.com for more information on manual activation.
Note: This guide is valid for Thinfinity VirtualUI v2.5. If you run any older version you should upgrade to the latest build. Contact our Customer Care team to inquire about your Maintenance Service status. To register older VirtualUI versions you might check the user guide here.