- New printer terminal support.
- Integrated printer emulation: TN3287 and TN3812 printing terminals support implemented. Send print jobs to your browser-side printer, or download them to a file.
- Easier access to printing job files: printing queues, print preview, and more.
- New integration possibilities.
- Direct access to the emulation screen through a dedicated virtual path per connection. Facilitate integration by allowing the user to bypass the landing page.
- Discardable connection URLs: by using One Time URL (OTURL) you can create a temporary, unique URL to provide single time access to a specific connection. This URL expires as soon as it’s used or after a specific period of time.
- Secured access comes in many flavours: z/Scope Anywhere now provides multiple authentication options, including a simplified Single Sing-On. Enable access for end-users via one or more of these authentication methods: Logon, OAuth/2 (Google, Facebook, etc), RADIUS or customize the authentication process using a new provided security API.
- Updated and flexible authentication scheme.
- Provide anonymous access to connections, avoiding the login process.
- Combine authenticated and anonymous access connections for logged in users.
- New and enhanced user interface.
- New navigation and connection views. Classic, Coverflow, Gallery and Grid modes available.
- Open new connections on different tabs or manage them within the z/Scope environment.
- Create Display, Printer or Display and Printer connections.
- z/Scope Anywhere iOS app
New z/Scope Anywhere iOS app
This is only the big picture of what the new z/Scope Anywhere brings.
We’ve launched the first Beta version of z/Scope Anywhere 8 today and you can download it here. This new version of our existing HTML5 terminal emulator is more powerful and versatile than ever, and in a few days we will be telling you more about it.