In this step-by-step tutorial, we will show you how to publish your Thinfinity Remote Workspace server using Google Cloud Computing.
1) Navigate to https://console.cloud.google.com/ , and click on “Navigation Panel” -> “Compute Engine” -> “VM Instances”.
2) Select a project if you have one already, or create a new one if you need to do so.
In this case, we created a project called “Thinfinity Cloud”.
Press “Continue” once you are ready.
3) Click on the “Create” button in the “VM Instances” menu:
4) Now, we need to configure the VM itself, the important fields here are:
“Name” = The name of the Virtual Machine.
“Region” = Select the region closest to your location.
“Machine type” = This will determine how “big” the Virtual Machine is in terms of CPU and RAM.
In this case, we are going to use a small 1 vCPU, 3.75 GB of RAM, Virtual Machine.
Please note: Large deployments will require bigger Virtual Machines.
“Boot Disk” = Select one of the available Windows versions:
We recommend using “Windows Server 2019 Datacenter”
5) Scroll below and in the “Firewall”” section, check both HTTP and HTTPS options.
6) Click the “Create” button.
7) Once the instance has been created, click on the pointing down arrow and on “Set Windows Password”:
This will allow you to create a Windows user for this machine and will also give you the password used for connecting with RDP.
8) Open mstsc.msc (Remote Desktop) and establish a connection to your VM using the ‘External IP’ and the credentials you just configured.
Once the ‘Server Manager’ has finished loading, click on ‘Local Server’ and on the ‘IE Enhanced Security Configuration’.
Change both “Administrators” and “Users” to “Off”:
9) After the “IE Enhanced Security Configuration” changes “Off”, open Internet Explorer and download Thinfinity using this link:
Now that you downloaded the setup file to your Google Cloud Computer Virtual Machine, it’s time to install Thinfinity Remote Workspace!
Please, follow this tutorial:
Have any questions?
Book a call today to learn more about how Thinfinity can help your organization. We are always available to guide you and provide the best solution based on your specific needs.
Besides being a powerful cross-device, cross-browser remote access tool, Thinfinity Configuration Manager also excels in its integration capabilities and its…
When using just a password becomes a weak barrier for your systems and network, the adoption of multi-factor authentication minimizes…
The Thinfinity Remote Workspace toolbar allows users to perform some of the actions which are essential for a complete remote…
One of the most common user requirements is to enable remote desktop printing. Whether you run Windows applications from…