Thinfinity® VirtualUI™ v1.1, now with improved scalability and fault tolerance
The new Thinfinity® VirtualUI™ platform helps developers to effortlessly take to the web Windows applications developed with .Net, Delphi, Visual C++ and the like.
For Immediate Release.
WILMINGTON, DE (August 5th, 2015)—Cybele Software, Inc. today announced the release of version 1.1 of Thinfinity VirtualUI, its Web enabling solution for Windows apps. This new release brings important changes to its architecture, which enhances the existing possibilities in terms of availability, scalability and fault tolerance.
New features in Thinfinity VirtualUI v1.1
Complementing the current architecture, two new components have been added to this release: a VirtualUI Gateway Service, which makes possible the redirection of http and websockets traffic to VirtualUI Servers, and a VirtualUI Broker Service, that keeps the load balanced across servers.
These modules provide access to the VirtualUI applications in three new ways:
– By server instances running in different RDS sessions on the same machine.
– Providing balanced access to different physical servers.
– The previous two can also be combined to make the most out of your environment.
Support for multiple RDS sessions
Thinfinity VirtualUI now includes support for multiple RDS sessions (RDS – Remote Desktop Services). This new feature makes it possible to increase the number of applications that can be run per server. The new VirtualUI Broker service will be responsible for opening new Windows sessions when needed. Also, this service will keep a balanced load between all open sessions.
Support for Load Balancing scenarios
Enabling the workload distribution across multiple servers has many advantages. Firstly, the load balancing procedure enables developers to achieve optimal resource utilization. Moreover, it avoids overload. Finally, it allows the system to operate properly in the event of failure of some of its components. Thinfinity VirtualUI currently supports two different Load Balancing schemes.
– Gateway/Broker Load Balancing: The VirtualUI Gateway, with the help of the new VirtualUI Broker, is designed to efficiently distribute the load among all registered servers.
– External Load Balancer + Multiple VirtualUI Gateways: In this case, the External Load Balancer will rotate across VirtualUI Gateways. Each VirtualUI Gateway will, in turn, process the connections and balance them among all the available servers.
“This is the first of many notable additions we have in the works”, said Gustavo Ricardi, President and CEO at Cybele Software. “We will continue increasing Thinfinity VirtualUI’s performance”, he added.
Product Page: https://www.cybelesoft.com/thinfinity/virtualui/
White paper: http://www.cybelesoft.com/docs/thinfinity_virtualui_whitepaper.pdf
Online manual: http://www.cybelesoft.com/helps/thinfinity/virtualui/
For more information about Thinfinity VirtualUI, contact Cybele Software, Inc.
3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 1125
Wilmington, DE – 19808, USA.
Phone: (302) 892-9625 or (866) 462-9768 (USA & Canada)