ThinRDP 2.0 Improves Virtual Experience for Remote Users while Providing Industry-Leading Flexibility and Security
Cybele Software, Inc. announces the release of ThinRDP 2.0, the industry-leading tool for secure, high-performance, remote access to desktop sessions, apps, and terminal services using any modern Web browser. ThinRDP 2.0 enables mission-critical business continuity by providing remote users with the most flexible technology to remotely access their programs, documents, files, and network resources.
With ThinRDP 2.0, users can choose any device, including iPhones, iPads, Android tablets and devices, ChromeBooks, PCs, Macs, Linux desktops, RIM playbooks, and even locked-down workstations. Regardless of the end-point device, ThinRDP provides secure remote access and a consistent, intuitive user experience.
In addition to supporting the widest variety of devices in the industry, ThinRDP 2.0 works with every major Web browser, including Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and all other browsers that support HTML5 and WebSockets. The new ThinRDP has built-in intelligence to switch automatically to HTTPS if WebSockets are not available, for example in Android native browsers and Microsoft IE9.
The HTML5 RDP client runs wholly inside the browser: there is no need to install or configure Flash, Java, ActiveX, Silverlight, or any other software on the end-point device. ThinRDP 2.0 is fully integrated with SSL VPN: no SSL VPN client is needed.
ThinRDP enables pure Web access to all Windows applications and desktops running Microsoft RDS/Terminal Services and VDI platforms, including Microsoft Hyper-V and other Hyper versions. ThinRDP is also integrated with the leading enterprise portals as well as custom portals.
ThinRDP 2.0 sets a new standard for RDP client performance, delivering content dramatically faster than any other Web-based RDP client while generating 25% less network traffic than Microsoft’s own Remote Desktop.
New Features in ThinRPD 2.0:
• Sound: Users of Chrome and Firefox browsers can listen to the sound playing on the remote machine in real-time.
• File transfer: Users can map remote drives to easily exchange files between the remote machine and their portable device.
• Updated user interface: The redesigned Start page allows users to quickly assign pre-designed icons to remote computers and/or applications, making ThinRDP more intuitive to use. The connection toolbar simplifies navigation to the remote machine.
• Remote printing: Users can print from the remote host to the handheld device.
• Extended usability: Touchscreen users can use familiar finger gestures to easily page through presentations, quickly scroll through documents, and complete standard navigation tasks.