Using the SDK
|Top Previous Next|
Before you actually begin to code:
1) Verify in the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server settings whether you are using "Access Profiles" as the authentication mode. If you do use "Access Profiles", make sure you already have created and configured the profile to be used on this integration.
2) You will be able to place a Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server connection in three different html structures:
a. A new browser window
b. An iFrame placed inside an existing Web Page
c. A div placed inside an existing Web Page
If you want the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server connection to open in a new browser window (a) or inside an iFrame (b) the connection mode should be set to "Remote". Otherwise, if you want to embed the connection inside in a div (c), the connection mode should be "Local". You will need this information on HTML configuration step 5b below.
Modify your HTML file step-by-step:
1. Open the HTML page you are going to integrate with Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server SDK for editing.
2. Add these meta tags into the <head> tag:
3. If you want the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server integration to work under iOS, add the following <meta> tags into the <head> tag.
4. Add the following libraries inside the <head> tag:
a. The jQuery library (jquery.min.js):
b. The Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server SDK client library (sdk.min.js): this file will have to be deployed with your website/application.
5. Also inside the <head> tag, add one more <script> tag. This one will be used to create the connection with the remote desktop. If the page already has a script tag, just append this code into the $(document).ready method.
The GetThinRDP method creates the object that handles the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server SDK functionality. It has two arguments: the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server URL and the connection mode in which Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server SDK will work.
The connect method is the method that creates the connection and positions it on the structure you have selected (div, iFrame, Window).
a. Substitute the "Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server URL" argument for the getThinRDP method with the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server protocol + Computer's IP + Port, following this format: https://127.0.0.1:8443.
c. Find out in the next sub-topic ("Connect method") how you should complete the parameters that go along with the connect method, and substitute the text on the connect