TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack
Host Integration components for .NET, ActiveX and Delphi
TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack (Version 3.5) is a set of components and productivity tools to extend and take advantage of already developed and tested screen-oriented host applications. It provides full connectivity to IBM S/390 and AS/400 systems through standard telnet protocols.
Host Integration Components & Tools
- 3270/5250 Display and printer emulation components.
- Synchronous and asynchronous programming models.
- Extended OHIO: Open Host Interface Objects with TN BRIDGE extensions.
- J2EE and .NET interoperability with XML streaming.
- Line Printer Daemon with SCS support for IBM 3287/3812 printer emulation.
.NET, ActiveX and Delphi-native components
Allows developments under the most popular environments:
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Embarcadero's Delphi
Compatible with the latest .Net and Delphi versions
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0/3.5/4.0
- Embarcadero's Delphi XE3 development environment
- Supports to Delphi 5 through Embarcadero's Delphi XE3
- A research, tracking and testing environment
- Reduces the training curve, as well as development and testing times
- Makes easier to get more reliable applications
Gives new life to your legacy application
With Host Integration Pack your application will look:
RejuvenatedWith a user-friendly graphical interface.
AdaptedEnhance the application functionality and adjust it to your current needs, defining a new way for navigating your host-application.
IntegratedOther technologies, products, data sources and third-party components can be easily integrated.
Free 30-Day Trial
Download your favorite edition and evaluate it in Demo Mode (time-limited connections) or register your copy to receive a Full Mode Trial Activation Key.
Editions available for FREE 30-day trial:
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for .Net (.Net 1.1)
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for .Net (.Net 2.0 and newer)
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for ActiveX
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for Delphi 7
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for Delphi 2010
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for Delphi XE
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for Delphi XE2
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for Delphi XE3
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for Delphi XE4
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for Delphi XE5
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for Delphi XE6
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for Delphi XE7
- TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack for Delphi XE8
Having any questions? Take advantage of our unlimited Pre-Sales Support.
.NET 100% managed code libraries.NET native libraries are available for both FCL.NET and VCL.NET frameworks. Supports: Framework 1.1, 2.0 and 3.5
Secure Communications:Support for Secure Socket Layer protocol (SSL).
XML Templates:Support for custom XML generation.
XML Virtual component:New component that allows you to build an off-line simulation of your host, for off-line development.
Extended IBM OHIO:Open Host Interface Objects implementation. By using this internationally accepted standard API in TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack as opposed to one that is proprietary, we enable corporations to protect their investment.
XML Broker and XML Client components:These allow remote streaming of 3270/5250 connections. TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack can convert any 3270/5250 screen into XML documents that contain all data from the application screen.
Enhanced Profiles component with XML:The TnbProfiles component now can Load/Save to XML configuration files.
Line Printer Daemon Component:New Line Printer Daemon component (LPD) with SCS support for IBM 3287/3812 printer emulation.
TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack has been created for maximum simplicity in handling data between legacy-systems and your Microsoft® Windows application.
With TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack you can access mainframe screens through a set of properties, methods and events, allowing easy integration with programming languages like Visual Basic, VB.NET, C#, Delphi, etc.
The architecture can be separated into three (3) key areas, according to its functions:
Mainframe Access Layer
The Mainframe Access Controls are those which communicate with mainframe systems and expose a set of properties, methods and events to handle the data interchange. The TNB3270 and TNB5250 controls fall into this category.
TNB3270E Delphi ComponentImplements the client TN3270E communication protocol. It connects to the telnet 3270 server that is included in the TCP/IP package for IBM S/3XX Mainframes (if it has TCP/IP support) or to an external TN3270-SNA gateway like Microsoft SNA Server. It supports connecting to a LU pool or a specific LU. It also supports extended Data Stream and IBM 3278 mod 2, 3 and 4 emulation.
TNB5250E ComponentImplements the client TN5250E communication protocol. It connects to the telnet 5250 server that is included in the TCP/IP package for the IBM AS/400 (if it has TCP/IP support) or to an external TN5250-SNA gateway like Microsoft SNA Server. It also supports 24x80 and 27x132 terminal types.
TNB3287 ComponentImplements the client TN3270E communication protocol for printer type IBM-3287-1, supporting SNA Character String codes.
TNB3812 ComponentImplements a TN5250E communication protocol for printer type IBM-3812-1, supporting SNA Character String codes.
LPD ComponentImplements a Line Printer Deamon protocol, servicing SNA Character String printers like IBM-3287-1 and IBM-3812-1.
IND$File ComponentImplements IND$FILE file transfer with S/390 hosts.
Extended OHIO Manager ComponentImplements the Open Host Interface Objects to TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack Components.
The Emulation Layer is made up of 4 terminal emulation controls. These controls, Emulation Screen, Emulation Status Bar, Keyboard Handling, Macro Sequences and Profiles, implement the main features for a terminal emulator program.
Emulation Screen: TNBEmulator ComponentImplements an emulation panel that shows the host data and accepts input data for sending to the mainframe. The displayed data is formatted according to the data stream format (3270 or 5250).
Emulation Status Bar: TNBStatusBar ComponentImplements an emulation status bar. It works together with the TNBEmulator.
Keyboard Handling: AidHook ComponentProcesses keyboard events and maps them to Emulation Function Keys and Attention Identifier Keys. The Emulation Function Keys are those which are processed locally to manage the emulator behavior for input data (i.e. tab, cursor movement keys, Home key, etc.). The Attention Identifier Keys are those which provoke sending data and the proper Attention Identifier Code (i.e. enter, PF01, Clear, etc.).
Macro Sequences: Macro ComponentImplements the recording and playing of mainframe navigation sequences.
Hotspots: HotSpots ComponentBased on Regular Expressions, HotSpots is our popular way to control mainframe applications with the mouse. Includes full customization for screen recognition areas and appearance, etc.
Synchronization: Sync ComponentProvides a simplified interface for handling the telnet components in synchronous mode.
XMLBroker ComponentImplements the XML interface in the TN3270 and TN5250 components.
XMLClient ComponentImplements the XML interface to the Emulation layer.
XMLTemplate ClassImplements the run-time side of the XML Templates technology, for producing custom XML content.
XMLVirtual ComponentImplements a simulated Tn3270/5250 component by using screens saved as XML files.
Trace: TnbTrace ComponentImplements an application-side trace service for use with TN BRIDGE Development Lab. Generates trace information to allow real-time monitoring of communication events, mainframe screens and method calls.
Citizens and businesses want convenient access to local government services and TN Bridge Host Integration Pack enables to gather the spread data which is stored on various hosts. It allows (web) access and transactions applications are developed fast, reliable and secure. It does this by using the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP). SOAP messages are independent of any operating system or protocol and may be transported using a variety of Internet protocols like SMTP, MIME and HTTP. The government’s open, integration capability allows it to deploy new services more rapidly.
Replacing disparate applications and custom-built interfaces with one standard > TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack connects all independent applications and numerous applications interfaces. It improves efficiency, reliability and decreases operating costs.
A project is started to setup a paperless documentation system within a hospital to improve workflow, increase efficiency and balance costs with the business value > By using the TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack’s .net capabilities with XML generation enables those documents are write once read anywhere, system integrators and developers alike have the possibility to create the appropriate web services in their favorite environment.
The institution wants to improve customer satisfaction, increase the customer base and sell more services > TN BRIDGE Host Integration Pack brings by developing applications who connect to several hosts and integrate this data to make it possible to aggregate customer information. By extending and not replacing their technology it greatly improves Return On Investment.
Legacy-Extension components - Development Lab
Development Lab is a research, tracking and testing environment that helps to reduce the times involved in planning, design, development and QA.
Development Lab will help you to develop your PC-mainframe applications in these scenarios:
- In planning/design time, because you will understand the screen/events sequences produced by your host application. Then you can plan and test your navigation strategy through the host screens.
- During development time, using the remote tracking functionality where you can connect to your TN BRIDGE-based development, even running on another computer. Also you can work in interactive mode to create code sniplets, for pasting them into your application.
- To keep your deployed application error-free. You can work in Development Lab in order to connect and track a running application even from a remote workstation. Also you can locally save the trace information into a file for posterior analysis.
Development Lab offers:
- Three Lab modes: Interactive, On-Line trace and Off-Line Trace.
- Integrated terminal emulator.
- Integrated scripting engine, for programmatic access and test to TN BRIDGE's components.
- Real-time monitoring of communication events, TN BRIDGE's method calls and host-data interchange, over integrated emulator and scripting engine.
- Real-time monitoring of remote TN BRIDGE-based applications through TCP/IP, in conjunction with the TN BRIDGE Trace Server Component.
- Off-line monitoring by analyzing pre-saved tracing files.
- Built-in screen-field inspector.
- Microsoft® Windows Operating System
i.e.: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and older (ME/2k/98SE/NT)
- Microsoft® .Net Framework (only required for TN BRIDGE for .Net)
- Embarcadero Delphi (only required for TN BRIDGE for Delphi)
- Pentium 2 or equivalent computer/processor. Recommended: Pentium 3 or superior.
- 256 Mb Memory (RAM).
- 50 Mb free space in disk, approximately.