In this guide, we’ll be installing Thinfinity Remote Desktop Server on a Vultr Windows Server 2016 cloud. You’ll find the steps to do so below:
First, you would need to set up a Vultr VM where you’ll be able to set up Remote Desktop Server
After setting up a Vultr account, go to my.vultr.com/deploy where you’ll be able to select the following:
1. Select the type of server you wish to deploy:
2. Choose the location of the server:
3. You’ll be prompted to choose a Server Type, for our purposes that would mean choosing an Operating System:
4. Now you would need to choose the Server Size:
5. You can set up a Startup Script and SSH Keys if you wish, and finally, you would need to input a Server Hostname and Label to finish setting up the VM:
6. Once the setup is complete, press Deploy.
7. Now that a Vultr VM was successfully created, we can move on to installing Remote Desktop Server.
8. After setting up a Vultr server, select it and then click the “View Console” button, like so:
9. Once on the server, download Thinfinity Remote Desktop Server:
10. Run the Remote Desktop Server setup, in this case we’re choosing to install both the Gateway and Broker on the same cloud:
11. Register your Remote Desktop Server license:
12. Now open Remote Desktop Server Manager and make sure “Access Profiles” is selected on the “Security” tab:
13. Now go to Add > RDP on the “Access Profiles” tab:
14. On the Profile Editor type the IP address of the server you wish to connect to. Click OK, then Apply:
15. Enter a browser and type the address to the Remote Desktop Server index page (ex: http://localhost:8443). Then click on the newly created connection.
16. And that’s it! You now have Remote Desktop Server ready for use on your Vultr cloud.