Access and manage your computer from any device
Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation allows you to securely access your Windows Desktop from any device with an HTML5 compatible browser. Work from Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux platforms and enjoy full touchscreen functionality with iOS and Android devices.
Ideal for remote administration and virtual support
With Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation, you can monitor and manage any Windows desktop right from your web browser. Present a Windows desktop or application to multiple users with our screensharing feature, or enable full remote desktop access to work directly with your clients.
Work on your projects from anywhere
Because all the computing is done on your remote Windows PC, you no longer need a powerful device to do powerful work. With the ability to access, edit and exchange files between your remote machine and local device, Thinfinity® Remote Desktop WorkstationThinfinity Remote Desktop Workstation truly allows you to work from anywhere in the world. All you need is an internet connection.
Free for personal or commercial use
Use Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation for personal or commercial projects free of charge. No strings attached. Ask us for a free license.
Have any questions? Take advantage of our unlimited Pre-Sales Support.
HTML5-based cross-browser, cross-platform capability
- Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation is cross-browser, cross-platform compatible, allowing you to access any application or desktop from anywhere in the world, from virtually any device. Remote into any Windows Desktop or work with Windows applications on your favorite browser. We support Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and other HTML5-based web browsers.
Remote Desktop (RDP)
- Enjoy high-performance, exclusive remote desktop access right from the web. Thinfinity's Remote Desktop Workstation enhances Microsoft® Remote Desktop by taking it to the web in pure HTML5.
- Access, visualize and control the remote PC as if you were in front of it. The PC operator and you see the same screen. Ideal for Tech Support and Help Desk assistance.
- Users can easily explore, manage and exchange files between the remote machine and their portable device.
- Print remote documents as a PDF and save or print them locally.
- Allows you to invite viewers and securely show them the whole desktop or selected applications, always taking advantage of pure-web access with no download or installation of any kind on the client side.
Zero client setup
- Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation runs entirely from your browser and does not require Flash, Java, ActiveX, Silverlight or any other additional setup on the end-user side.
Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation's main features:
- RDP: Take a Microsoft® remote desktop to the web in pure HTML5.
- Remote Audio: Chrome and Firefox users can access the audio output of their remote machine in real-time.
- Support for Microsoft® RemoteFX™: Enable an enhanced visual experience of the Windows desktop.
- Remote printing: Users can print from the remote host to a local device.
- Touchscreen integration: Touchscreen users can use familiar finger gestures to easily swipe through presentations, scroll through documents and navigate between windows.
- High performance: Driven by a high-performance, firewall-friendly, HTTP/WebSockets server. Automatically switching to HTTPS for Android native browsers, Microsoft IE9, and any other browsers that don’t use WebSockets.
- Video Driver and Desktop Duplication Support: Optimize remote session performance.
- Remote Clipboard Support: Copy and paste text between your local device and the remote desktop using a built-in clipboard.
- Active Directory: Allows you to integrate your existing Active Directory with the authentication system.
- SSL VPN’s: Supports all industry-standard SSL VPNs, including Cisco and Juniper.
- Secure encryption and authentication: Native HTTP/s protocol, SSL Encryption. NTLM and Digest Authentication methods supported.
- Android: Fullscreen support for Android.
- 32/64-bit Windows editions: Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server can be deployed in all 32-bit/64-bit editions, from Windows XP to Windows 10.
There's a Thinfinity® Remote Desktop edition for you.
Take a look at the comparison table for Thinfinity® Remote Desktop editions.
The architecture for a Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation deployment is composed of:
- a Server Machine running Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation
- Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Web Client
(which loads on an HTML5 browser)
Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation acts as a secure, high-performance HTTP / WebSockets server that serves the web pages needed to run the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Web Client on the web browser.
When the end-user accesses the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop main page and enters the appropriate connection parameters, the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Web Client communicates with the server machine, using Ajax and WebSockets (if available) to start the connection to the remote-end.
Once the connection is established, the server machine will receive RDP commands, optimize them for the web and send the resulting data stream to the Thinfinity ® Remote Desktop Web Client.
Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Editions
Both editions take advantage of the HTML5 Web browser technology to deliver high-performance RDP access, using only web standards including Ajax, WebSockets and JSON.
The Workstation edition offers a plain web-based RDP client ideal for virtualization scenarios and remote access to single PCs. It also features a second VNC-like remote access option for screen sharing. The Workstation edition is ideal for remote assistance and training. Its presentation tool allows users to organize remote meetings with up to 16 attendees.
The Server edition is a more appropriate solution for Terminal Server environments, large deployments requiring profile management, and publishing applications – granting access to a single app instead of sharing the entire desktop.
The Server edition of Thinfinity® Remote Desktop includes an SDK library that allows you to publish Windows applications and desktops to the web. This SDK library enables a smooth integration of your own website or application with other existing Windows applications.
Take a look at the main differences below:
|Web RDP Client, HTML5-Based|
|Screen Sharing, VNC-like|
|Remote Audio Support|
|Remote Drive Mapping|
|Access RDS/VDI/App-V platforms|
|Single setup to access all LAN PC's|
|Support for Virtual Paths|
|SDK Enhancements & APP Integration|
|Access Profile Management|
|Logs Usage and Statistics|
|Active Directory Integration|
|HTTP/s protocol and SSL Encryption|
|Single-Sign-On (SSO) Support|
|Windows UAC Support|
|Support of other languages|
|Compatible with XRDP Server|
|HTML5 Web Client for Mobile|
|License Type||Per Concurrent User||Per Seat|
The Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation edition can be used for personal or commercial use at no charge. In case of comercial use, each company can register one (1) seat license per domain. Ask for a FREE Thinfinity® Remote Desktop license for the Workstation Edition.
If you have any questions about this chart or need any additional information to compare both Thinfinity® Remote Desktop solutions, please try our Live Help Chat or contact us at email@example.com.
With Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server, any Windows, Mac, Linux, Android or iOS user can have remote access to Windows desktops or work with individual Windows applications.
- OS independent
- HTML5-compliant Web Browser
- Internet Explorer 9.0, 10.0, 11.0
- Firefox 17+
- Chrome 22+
- Safari 6.0.1+
- iOS 5.1.1+
- Android 2.3, 4.0+
- Windows XP 32-bit / Windows XP 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit / Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit / Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit / Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit / Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 32-bit / Windows Server 2003 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit / Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012