Thinfinity® Remote Desktop
(formerly ThinVNC and ThinRDP Workstation)
Access any Windows Desktop remotely from anywhere, through a Web Browser
Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation delivers secure, high-performance Remote Desktop access and Screen Sharing over the web by taking advantage of the latest web technologies like AJAX, WebSockets and HTML5.
Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation can be used for personal or commercial use
at no charge. Ask for a
HTML5-Based: Cross-browser, Cross-OS,Cross-device
- Use any modern, HTML5-compliant Web Browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.).
- Access from Windows, Mac, Linux OS, Chrome OS, etc.
- Access from any compliant device: iPhone, iPad, Android tablets, RIM's Playbook, Chromebooks, etc.
Remote Desktop (RDP)
- Now enjoy high-performance, exclusive remote desktop access right from the web. Thinfinity®s Remote Desktop Workstation enhances Microsoft® Remote Desktop by taking it to the web in pure HTML5.
- Access the remote PC screen and visualize/control the PC as if you where in front of it. The PC operator and you see the same screen. Ideal for Tech Support and Help Desk assistance.
- Download and Upload documents from/into the remote machine.
- Explore and manage all remote documents in an Explorer alike screen.
- Print remote documents to local PDF, and then save them or print them locally.
- Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation also provides a Presentation Mode, which allows you to securely invite people and show them the whole desktop or selected applications, always taking advantage of a pure-web access with no download or installation of any kind on the client side.
Zero client setup
- Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation does not require any plugin, add-on or any kind of installation on the client side.
- It is the optimum way to ensure that you can connect to your remote computer virtually from any place.
Having any questions? Take advantage of our unlimited Pre-Sales Support.
Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation delivers dramatic improvements in productivity, technology and user experience innovations. This new product offers a seamless, over 20% faster performance than its predecessor, ThinRDP Workstation.
New features and enhancements:
- Web-based RDP client over 20% faster than the previous versions
- Support for Microsoft® RemoteFX™, enabling fast, enhanced visual experience of the Windows desktop
- Multi-touch input redirection. Send the input of up to ten simultaneous fingers to be interpreted in the remote OS
- Remote Desktop (RDP), Screen Sharing and File Transfer
- Enhanced Remote Support authorization scheme
- “Automatic” mode, that chooses between Remote Desktop and Screen Sharing taking into account the presence of a user on the remote machine
- Persistent configuration on per user basis
Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation's main features:
- RDP: Take Microsoft® Remote Desktop to the web in pure HTML5.
- ScreenSharing: Access the remote PC screen and visualize/control the PC as if you where in front of it. The PC operator and you see the same screen.
- Presentation Tool: Securely invite people and show them the whole desktop or selected applications, no download or installation required on the client side.
- File transfer: Users can map remote drives to easily exchange files between the remote machine and their portable device.
- Remote Audio: Users of Chrome and Firefox browsers can listen to the sound playing on the remote machine in real-time.
- Support for Microsoft® RemoteFX™: Enable fast, enhanced visual experience of the Windows desktop.
- Remote printing: Users can print from the remote host to the local device.
- Multi-touch input redirection: Send the input of up to ten simultaneous fingers to be interpreted in the remote OS.
- High performance: Driven by a high-performance, firewall-friendly, HTTP/WebSockets server. Automatically switching to HTTPS for Android native browsers, Microsoft IE9, and any other browsers that don’t use WebSockets.
- Cross-plataform and Cross-Device client: Supports PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Chromebook, and Android devices.
- Cross-browser client: Works with any HTML5-compliant Web browser.
- Video Driver and Desktop Duplication Support:Optimize the performance during the remote session.
- Remote Clipboard Support: Copy and paste text between the local device and the remote desktop using a built-in clipboard.
- Active Directory: Allows you to integrate your Active Directory with the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop authentication system
- Touch-Keyboard: Touchscreen users can use familiar finger gestures to easily page through presentations, quickly scroll through documents, and complete standard navigation tasks.
- SSL VPN's: Supports all industry-standard SSL VPNs, including Cisco and Juniper.
- Secure encryption and Authentication: Native HTTP/s protocol, SSL Encryption. NTLM and Digest Authentication methods supported.
- Android:Full Screen for Android.
- 32/64 Windows editions: Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation can be deployed in all 32-bit/64-bit editions of Windows XP and newer.
There's a Thinfinity® Remote Desktop edition for you.
Take a look at the comparison table for Thinfinity® Remote Desktop editions.
The architecture for a Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation deployment is composed of:
- a Server Machine running Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation
- Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Web Client
(which loads on an HTML5 browser)
Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation acts as a secure, high-performance HTTP / WebSockets server, which serves the web pages needed to run the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Web Client on the web browser.
When the end-user accesses the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop main page and enters the appropriate connection parameters, the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Web Client communicates with the server machine, using Ajax and WebSockets (if available) to start the connection to the remote-end.
Once the connection is established, the server machine will receive RDP commands, optimize them for the web, and send the resulting data stream to the Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Web Client.
Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Editions
There are two Thinfinity® Remote Desktop editions: Server and Workstation.
Both editions take advantage of the HTML5 Web browser technology to deliver high-performance RDP access, using only web standards like Ajax, WebSockets and JSON.
The Workstation edition offers a plain web-based RDP client ideal for virtualization scenarios and remote acecss to single PCs. It also features a second remote access option, VNC-like, for screen sharing. The Workstation edition is ideal for remote assistance and training: its Presentation Tool permits to organize remote meetings with up to 16 atendees..
The Server is a more appropriate solution for Terminal Server environments, large deployments requiring profile management and to publish applications, granting access to a single app instead of sharing the whole desktop.
Besides, the Server Edition of Thinfinity® Remote Desktop includes an SDK library that allows you to publish Windows applications and desktops to the web. This SDK library makes possible the smooth integration of your own Website or application with other existing Windows applications.
Choose one of them or take both -for different use cases!
Check out the main differences in the table below:
|Web RDP Client, HTML5-Based|
|Screen Sharing, VNC-like|
|Remote Audio Support|
|Remote Drive Mapping|
|Access RDS/VDI/App-V platforms|
|Single setup to access all LAN PC's|
|Support for Virtual Paths|
|SDK Enhancements & APP Integration|
|Access Profile Management|
|Logs Usage and Statistics|
|Active Directory Integration|
|HTTP/s protocol and SSL Encryption|
|Single-Sign-On (SSO) Support|
|Windows Vista / Windows 7 UAC Support|
|Support to other languages||Compatible with XRDP Server|
|HTML5 Web Client for Mobile|
|License Type||Per Concurrent User||Per Seat|
The Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Workstation edition can be used for personal or commercial use at no charge. In case of comercial use, each company can register one (1) seat license per domain. Ask for a FREE Thinfinity® Remote Desktop license for the Workstation Edition.
If you have any questions about this chart or need any additional information to compare both Thinfinity® Remote Desktop solutions, please try our Live Help Chat or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Thinfinity® Remote Desktop Server any Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android and iOS user can remote into Windows Desktops or work with single Windows Applications.
- OS independent
- HTML5-compliant Web Browser
- Internet Explorer 9.0, 10.0
- Firefox 17+
- Chrome 22+
- Safari 6.0.1+
- iOS 5.1.1+
- Android 2.3, 4.0+
- Windows XP 32-bit / Windows XP 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit / Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit / Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 32-bit / Windows Server 2003 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit / Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012